I meet with the third doc. He is willing to do my surgery and said he understood why I should get my ovaries out. Doc said that we will do one of two things. First, take out the ovaries through laparoscopy. If there is too much scar tissue then he will open me up and perform a hysterectomy. Someone from his office called last week…thought we could do it on the 29th of November at the surgery center. I told her that I would prefer to go the hospital instead…Todd agreed because if they have to perform a hysterectomy then I will have to be transferred to the hospital anyway. Seems like there is a good chance there will be too much scar tissue considering I have a two c-sections and an appendectomy. So we are now waiting on when that can get scheduled. She said something about the 16th of December.
And Five Other Good and Crazy Things:
1. I am now wearing a compression sleeve on my right arm. The swelling has gone down enough that I get to take off the wrap for now.
2. A woman the other day at therapy told me she read my article in the paper. It was a little weird for me.
3. A woman I meet at the cancer center last August passed away last week. I went to her funeral and was surprised to see that I was in her photo montage.
4. I noticed that I don’t tire as easily as I used too. Thanks goodness.
5. I feel a little guilty when another cancer patient asks me how I am doing and I say I am clear right now.