Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hot Flashes, Hair, and My First Week

My first week at home has been so much fun. Campbell stayed three days from school because of the weather. The hardest part is I am constantly going and going. The C’s don’t stop moving. I am used to being able to sit when I need to. Besides that I am having fun. Next week should bring more of a schedule for our family.


Hot Flashes

I was asked about my health today. As far as I know I am doing good. The biggest struggle for me is the menopause symptoms I am having. Hot flashes are really awful. I remember as a kid making fun of my mom for having one. Not anymore!! I can count on waking up between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m. from a hot flash. These things are horrible…my upper lip and eyebrows get all sweaty. I know it is not that bad when I don’t have to change my cloths.

Hair

The other big change for me is the hair. I swear I am plucking my chin twice a day for at least 10 minutes trying to get those little black hairs off of my chin. I am obsessed with getting them out. Recently, I tried so hard I have a scab on my chin!!!! Now if the hairs are not noticeable the scab certainly makes someone wonder.

Docs

I go visit my surgeon in Indy on Tuesday. Other than that I am religious wearing my lymphadema sleeves and taking my new drug femora

No comments: