Thursday, March 4, 2010

I don't have a good title for this one....

I have been really slacking on my blogging!!! I have so many stories to share.


Hair Growth

My hair has started to come back. I actually had to shave my legs the other day. Boy, did I not miss that the past few months. Now that my hair is growing back…it is growing in places I could really do without hair there LIKE MY CHIN!!!!!!!!!!! Also, the radiation therapist told me not to shave my arm pit. Disguising!!! I could not handle it and broke down this morning and had Todd shave my arm pit with an electric razor. I will probably get scolded today when I go therapy. I also got my first hair cut. Wendy saw my hair and I believe was a little shocked. Some hairs were about one inch longer than the other ones. I hope to be brave enough to go without a hat or scarf really soon.

More Babies

Not only is my sister-in-law pregnant but two of friends just announced their babies will be coming soon too.

Bridesmaid Dress Shopping

On Monday, I took Todd to David’s Bridal to go dress shopping for my friend’s wedding. I like I scared the clerk. Not knowing what to say to her about me missing a boob…I just let it all. I don’t have a boob, can’t wear a real bra for a few more months, my scar is huge, I have gained a bunch of weight…you are really going to have to help me. She looked a little frightened. So I try I on the first dress..it was horrible. You could see my scar. The second dress has a high neck (no scars seen). But I had to put the fake one in the dress then hold it with my hand in the right place to make sure it would fit right. Thank goodness number 2 worked!!!!

Health Update

I was denied into the study for tamoxifin. They don’t want me because I have inflammatory breast cancer. I was really bummed and so was Dr. K. She said she tried to talk them into because I have responded so well to treatments.

Mugga Scan (Heart) was good. I am at 54% function. As long as it stays above 50% I am good to go. Pet Scan did not show any signs of cancer cells. I asked several times to make sure I heard her correctly. So far so good.

I found out that I only have to have six weeks of radiation. I was so excited. Two more weeks of the treatment I am receiving now. Then two weeks of the radiation concentrating on my incision line. I have just now started to notice red spots on my chest about two inches below my incision and right below my clavicle.

New Quote I heard in the Movie “You Are Not Alone”. It is a movie that joins six young women for an intimate and candid discussion of the issues unique to young women diagnosed with breast cancer. It was given to me by the Young Survival Coalition.

Remember on bad days you can have good moments”

No comments: