Friday, July 16, 2010

The Counselor and Coincidence

I meet with the counselor on Monday and loved her. She looked at me and said, “You are so young!” I looked at her and said, “You are just a girl too!” Then she asked me, “How old are you?’. I told her and I said, “How old are you?” She is thirty six just a year older than me. After that exchange, we talked about the last year and the feelings of guilt and sadness I am having. She even talked to me about Jesus with and my faith. We are going to continue to meet for a while.
Yesterday I got a phone call from a woman who was diagnosed with cancer last August. She got my name through the Community Cancer Network. The lady and I talked about our journeys and at the end of the conversation we decided to meet someday for lunch. She told me her last name so that we could connect on face book. When I heard her last name I realized I had prayed for her when she was initially diagnosed. I explained to her that a co-worker of mine attends her church and had told me all about her last August. How crazy is that?

No comments: