Friday, July 9, 2010

Shout Out

Today I put on a necklace that someone gave me a while ago it says SURVIVOR....

On this day one year ago the doctor came into the room and said, "yeah, it's cancer!". I looked at my mom and said, "o.k., what do we do next? It will be o.k.".  This year has been a journey of ups and downs. I have constantly been amazed at how much love, support and prayers I have received from love ones, friends and complete strangers. 

So in honor of this day I want to SHOUT OUT to some people who have been there.  This is just a partial list...

The FAM...all of you to dads and moms, kids, the best husband in the world, sistas, brothers, nieces and nephews and cousins. I can't thank you for everything you did....the list would be to long.

The Medical Staff and Dr. K at Clarian Cancer Care...the attention and love I feel when I go there is unbelievable. I don't even want to put names down because I know I will forget one of you...From the moment I walked in I have felt that each one of you truely cares. Plus you put up with my crazy stories, my loud mouth, and my laughing especially when another truely special cancer patient and her daughter are there.

The Medical Staff and Dr. Kennedy at Clarian North Breast Care...you amazing...the complete package and have helped the husband and I so much.

The Co-workers (Health Dept, APC, Building, Mits)...God Bless you all...for putting up with my illness, my chemo crabbies and lack of energy. Taking on part of my job and for continually listening to my crazy stories and the FAKE ONE Saga.

The Brookston Federated Church and neighbors...you are amazing the love you have wrapped around my family is amazing. The food was delicious which is probably why I gain 25 pounds on chemo.  I can not forget the night that our family of four received a meal that consisted of a whole ham, a huge pan of potatoes, corn, salad, homemade rolls, and dessert.  Or the meal that the Wood's family brought that couldn't even fit on our table.

Melissa's Crusaders....All of you who have showed your love by wearing the shirt around and spreading the word about IBC.

The Strangers...All of those people who I have never meet that have sent cards and prayed like crazy... Eula especially...I can't wait to meet you.

CHAOS...thanks for shaving my head and doing the same with your hair.  Your moms were amazing in allowing their boys to look just like their youth group leader.

Thank you all. My journey is not over but this past year has been easier because of all of you.

No comments: