Sunday, November 8, 2009

I feel like a thirty year old trapped in an eighty year old body.

UGH!!!  Taxotere the drug of the past two rounds and of the next two rounds is making me feel like I am trapped in the body of my grandmother. 

This week I have experienced a low grade fever on Thursday. And crazy cramps in my knees and hips.  These cramps last about 3 to 4 seconds and come on randomly.  Some are only annoying; others are absolutely painful.  On Thursday and Friday at work it was like I had Tourrette's Syndrome because every time I had a pain I yelped.  Friday and Saturday nights were awlful.  I could not get comfortable.  I am allowed one 650 mg pill of tylenol every eight hours.  Saturday night I broke down and took something else just so I could sleep away the pain.  My fingers don't function like they should.  I can not even open my pill bottles.  I called the doc on Friday about the fever and the cramps and believe it or not that is perfectly normally.

On the funny side, I really am walking like an eighty year old.  I feel like my grandpa trying to get out of my car, walking to the potty and trying to get up out of the chair.  I guess it is just practice for me when I get that age. 

When talking to my aunt she was so proud of me for comparing my body to an eighty year old instead of sixty!  I wonder old she is....

No comments: