Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"Why I Wore Lipstick" and My Thoughts

Someone gave me this book by Geralyn Lucas Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy.  She got diagnosed at age 28 with Breast Cancer.  I just read it this past week and there were statements in her book that really got to me:

This is on page 123 of her book. "Now I know how Tyler must have felt, watching me in the hospital during all my pain.  It must have been even worse for him because he is a doctor and he was helpless.  He couldn't stop the cancer, the pain, the worry.  Maybe being on the sidelines is even more painful than getting the needles, the chemo, the surgery?"

She goes on to say...
"I feel so guilty that I have made everyone in my life go through hell. Maybe Tyler always insisting that I was cured was a huge vote of confidence? "

Tyler is Geralyn's husband.  After reading this part of her book, I realized that it is harder on all of you then me right now.  I am sitting in the middle being protected, cared for and loved.  I have been so lucky to have all of you in my life. 

No comments: