Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What A Weekend!!

Wednesday night my friend from Evansville came and visited.  It always feels like we never miss a beat when we get back together.  Chase remembered her and her dog.  He did not even hesitate when she got here; which is very rare. 

Thanksgiving was so much fun.  I was able to visit with all of my sisters and their families.  I always enjoy watching my kids play with their cousins.  Ava and Campbell play like Melinda and I did when we were kids.  Poor Evan got followed by Chase the whole day. 

Thanksgiving night Melinda and I plotted our shopping trip.  Mom, Melinda and I started shopping at 5:00 a.m. where we meet Michelle at Target.  The line was crazy long so we left and headed to Toys R Us.  Then we went to the mall.  After a while I got tired.  Then the adventures really started...Melinda and I went and got the wheelchair we borrowed.  Melinda insisted on pushing me; I wish I would have listen to my heart and said no!!!!  She totally dumped me on to the pavement..before we even got into the mall. 

Then Friday Mutt and Jeff (a.k.a. Todd and Melinda) decorated the house and tree for Christmas. While I helped them from the coach. But the lights on the tree didn't work, so Melinda and I took Campbell shopping  on Saturday.  The only problem we had is that Melinda is a super fast walker and I am not.  At one point I had to hollar stop at her because I thought I would never catch up with her. 

Sunday brought one of our favorite couples to our house. The Derifields join us for dinner. Wally and the kids never fail to make us laugh. My sister finally got to meet them as well.  We had so much fun....

As far as medical updates, my pre-surgery appointments are scheduled for December 11th. And my muga scan for my heart has been moved to December 10th. 

The Pekny Family got great news from two dear old friends we meet at camp.  Tracey from New Zealand is making a pit stop in Chicago and will be spending 24 hours with us.  It has been 6 years since we have seen her.  Lisa from South Africa is coming on December 28th and staying with us for several days. It has been seven years since we have seen her.  What a wonderful double blessing for us!!! 

No comments: