Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Child's View

Last night it was time to empty my drains and Todd and I were in the bathroom.  Campbell decided she wanted to help.  Todd and I looked at each other in fear; we did not know what to do.  I explained to her what mommy's chest looked like and told her that if she did not want to see she could leave the room.  She looked at my chest and asked some questions.  Then she left and went to the kitchen to get this poster she made that said mommy the greatest. She came back in to the bathroom and held the sign up and talked to me about my chest.  Todd and I could not believe that she did not even flinch when she saw my chest.  She taught me a lot last night.

2 comments:

The Brummett's said...

I am so happy for the great news you received from your tests. It is amazing what kids can do for you when they don't even realize the wonderful impact it will have. You are a wonderful mom and it shows in the two amazing children you have.

Sarah said...

You are not only an example of a beautiful woman, but a strong and courageous one as well... I can't think of a better role model for Campbell!