Monday, January 25, 2010

Just a little something

Below is something one of Campbell's friends mom sent me.  She found a cancerous lump in her breast about two months after I got diagnosed.  I liked it so I thought I would share it with all of you.

They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Well, what if you didn't sign up for extra-strength training? What if you'd rather catch a few breaks once in awhile? Is that so much to ask? At some point, you'd think you'd be entitled to a free pass or two: skip this challenge; avoid this crisis; delete those problems. It's not that you're not strong or that you don't have what it takes to get through this. You are, you do, and you will. But you've built enough character already, and it's time for things to lighten up a little! I know it's not really my call, but if I were in charge of life's wheel of fortune, you'd get a free spin. And, I'd be right there, cheering you on!

No comments: